My Experiences In Education

Finished Products!

All the pieces I’ve been working on over the last month came out of the kiln this week! I am really happy with the results. I have completed part of Goal 1, which was to make 6 new plates for my own personal use similar in size and shape.

6 white plates, 3 with two blue fish and one red fish in the middle of the plates, 3 plates with one red salamander and one blue salamander chasing eachother's tails

new plates

These next two pots/vases were simply practice for throwing, trimming and glazing. I really love the colours that turned out for these.

blue and white vases on wooden table

This little bowl was what I made when I tore a vase while throwing, and matched with the second vase I was experimenting with glazing colours.

small bumpy bowl in blue and white, bigger vase in blue and white as well on wooden table

Finally, this was the trial run of my first of five flower pots! It turned out beautiful, it is one of my favourite glaze combinations.

blue and green flower pot outer view on wooden table

blue and green flower pot on wooden table, view is into the pot

I also threw 4 more flower pots this week and attempted to make a large pot. This will be the trial run for the large fruit bowl I am making for Goal 2. I will show them next week when I am trimming.

1. elsabetlapointe

I am so impressed!! These are all so beautiful and fun! I too love the glaze on the flower pots!

• allisonseidel

Thanks Elsabet! The glazing might be my favourite part its so pretty after